Row Your Boat, and Things
Traditional with additional words by Nancy Stewart
The additional lyrics to
this old favorite came about when I was looking for songs for my
Mother Goose Guitar songbook. I wanted a
beginning guitar song that was easy to play, but had activities for the
children. This turned out to be a hit!
Children can act out the verses, or
can hold up pictures of the vehicles or put felt shapes on the flannel board
while you sing. Be sure to ask for their ideas for additional verses!
1. Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, life is
but a dream
2. Ride, ride, ride the bus merrily down the street.
Pay the driver, get on board and kindly take a seat!
drive, drive the truck to the park today.
Dump the sand into the box so everyone can play.
4. Drive, drive, drive the fire engine
Climb the ladder, spray the water, put the fire out
5. Fly, fly, fly the plane up into the sky
Wave to people down below as we’re passing by
6. Ride, ride, ride the train up the hills
Passing through the countryside
and passing through the towns.